Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another beautiful baby earning his wings


Tonight another family is suffering the heartache of the loss of a child. A family who I've had the utmost honor of caring for in the hospital is currently removing their 3 week old infant son from life support and turning him over into the Lord's arms. My heart breaks for them as they make this decision and say goodbye forever.

I had the honor of allowing the parents to give the baby his first bath and mom changed her first diaper. Pictures were taken, laughs occurred, and tears were shed. No parent should have to change their baby's diaper while he is hooked to life support fighting to survive.

Please keep them in your prayers. I will be traveling back home to the Fort Wayne area for a funeral again soon, please give me the strenghth to keep doing what I do.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Melissa...you are an amazing nurse and made a huge impact on our family. The fact that you came for Kate's viewing (the only nurse, I must add) meant a ton to us.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this...I'm sure it's hard all the time...but especially for those families you just happen to bond with!

Keeping you in our prayers...keep going...YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your blog and this entry made me cry. I cannot imagine doing what you do for a living. You are certainly a strong and special person. It must have been my good influence on you, HA HA!!