Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ambulance Adventures

Well, I've been in the back of an ambulance numerous times as the nurse, this time I was honored as the patient. Yesterday afternoon, I stopped and picked up Chinese for lunch on my way home from Target. I got home and started eating it. It did not taste as good as it usually does. About 2 hours later, I was violently ill. After 6 1/2 hours of not getting out of the bathroom, I found myself laying on my bathroom floor unable to get up. I was so dehydrated that everytime I tried to get up, I almost passed out. Gary called 911 and the wonderful Danville Fire Department came and got me. After 3 liters of normal saline, a dose of nausea medicine and a dose of diarrhea medicine, I came home feeling like a new person! So I have a greater understanding of being the patient today and what it's like to ride backwards in a fast moving ambulance! ;o)

1 comment:

Krista said...

Oh my gosh girl...your life is getting way too exciting...you better slow down a bit! YUCK...guess I won't be ordering Chinese anytime too soon!

Thanks for the card...you are too sweet and generous. Hope the rest of your week goes smoothly and EVERYONE stays healthy...miss you guys at St. V.