Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life is getting to me. . .

Have you ever questioned everything you ever thought you wanted to do? Since I was 5 years old I knew I would be a pediatric nurse. I also always thought I'd be a bedside nurse forever. I'm finding myself questioning if this is truly what I want to do any longer. I know that I give my patients everything that I can, but I can't do it all. I think this is what they call BURN OUT. Something I never thought I'd experience is occuring 12 years into my career. The career that I was sure I'd do until the day I die. I love what I do, I do not love the politics that occur everyday.

Whew, I feel better that I said that. Now, lets see what I can do to change the way I feel. Stay posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but burn out comes to all at some time or another in the job we do. Hang in there & know that I'm praying for you as you evaluate things. I know you'll make the right decisions!

Melany