Saturday, June 28, 2008

Endoscopy adventures

So we show up for the endoscopy and I told the nurse that it wasn't explained to me what the impedence study part of the endo was. So she begins to tell me that they will place a pH probe down his nose while he's still asleep and it will be in place for 24 hours and hooked to a small computer while we monitor his refluxing. UM WHAT?? No one told me we were talking about a 24 hour test with a tube down the nose of a 15 month old and trying to keep it in as long as possible.

Needless to say we were a bit frustrated, but we're here so lets do it. So the slide show gives you a bit of an idea of what we went through. We had to carry the computer pack around and chase him around the house because it was too heavy to put over his shoulders as we were directed (it just knocked him down). Mommy slept in his room on the floor to make sure he didn't pull it out while he was sleeping. Today we returned and got the probe removed and he's back to normal. All this and it's my birthday, Happy birthday to me, ha ha.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Happy Birthday to you! Thanks so much for sharing in Kate's special day...I will add the pics to the slideshow tomorrow! Blessings!