Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This is getting expensive

Cost of 3 copays: $60
Cost for 4 rounds of Tamiflu: $151
Cost for 3 rounds of Zithromax: $42
Cancelling a nonrefundable hotel room for our anniversary: $68
Cancelling a nonrefundable comedy club for our anniversary: $40
Grand total: $361 and counting. . .

Wondering if my kids will wake up oinking: Priceless

Actually, I'm beginning to think we all ought to dress up as pigs for Halloween this year. I took Zach and myself to the dr today. Zach was up all night coughing and had a temp of 102 this morning. He also complained of his ears being "ouchy". Turns out, his ears are fine. Probably just a headache. I also made myself an appointment as my chest hurts pretty bad when I breathe and I haven't been coughing that long. My doc isn't messing around (especially since he just experienced it for himself this weekend.) Tamiflu for everyone (Josh and I were already on it) including Daddy who isn't showing symptoms yet. And Zithromax the antibiotic for the 3 of us who are coughing. Dr. Z says that they are seeing a lot of secondary pneumonia/bronchitis. He doesn't want to mess around, especially since I'm carrying a baby.

So lots of money later, and hopefully we will all be on the mend soon.

1 comment:

my life: said...

MADNESS! It's all madness! You couldn't be getting any better care though! Hoping you all turn around soon!!