Monday, October 5, 2009

We're getting there

So, Joshua returned to school today after a full 7 days of fevers from his H1N1 flu and still has a few small blisters in his mouth. But he did eat 2 1/2 hot dogs for supper (I know, lazy mom) which is the most he's probably eaten in over a week. Guess he's feeling better.

I made an unscheduled visit to the ObGyn today (unrelated to the baby) and while I was there she said, "Wanna hear the baby while you're here?" Well, that's a silly question. Problem was, little stinker was totally hiding from her. Took her a good 5 minutes to find a heart beat and by the time she finally did, I think she almost had to kick start my heart! I was so scared. She said, "I wasn't worried, but I could sure tell you were!" I keep waiting for someone to say, "Oh yeah, you know that baby we told you you couldn't have that you are now having? We changed our minds, just kidding!" I was so scared for a brief moment but felt a huge sigh of relief once we heard the pitter patter of that little heart again. Go back in 2 weeks for my regular appointment and the little turkey better not play hide and seek this time!

No comments: