Friday, November 27, 2009

Little stinker acting up already

Well, this post is a few days late because the computer has been down. But we had a little excitement/scare on Wednesday. Tuesday night I wasn't feeling well, but I chalked it up to GI issues (with my newly rerouted system, things seem to not set well with me often). I tossed and turned all night and Wednesday morning got up and realized that what I was feeling really reminded me of contractions. The pains would stop me in my tracks and take away my breath. I was scared to death (only 19 weeks pregnant), but called the doc, the sitter, the husband and headed to the office.

By the time we arrived the frequently of the pains had really slowed down. The doc examined me and said there were no changes with the cervix, but that it felt short. An ultrasound showed that all was perfect and little man's head was pushing down in a not nice way. They took me off work for 2 days (darn it, needed that holiday pay) and will see me back next week. I've never been so nervous and prayed so hard that my little guy would stay put for at least several more months. All is good now, and he's active as ever. Woke me up at 4:30am today kicking. Crazy!!

No comments: