Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So ready for my ultrasound

Well, next Tuesday is my "big" ultrasound. The ultrasound where we hopefully find out the sex of the baby and make sure all his/her pieces and parts are in the right place. I am so ready for this ultrasound, I can't even explain it. I have been having dreams, no make those nightmares! I've been having nightmares that there is something seriously wrong with this baby. My nightmares have been so detailed that I can name the multitude of medical issues that I've dreamt afflict this precious peanut. These nightmares are irrational and are making me insane.

I truly believe that it's a combination of the fact that this baby wasn't ever supposed to be able to be created along with the fact that I'm only a year post op weight loss surgery that is founding the fears. I have not gained a single ounce during the first 17 weeks of my pregnancy, infact, I've lost 11 pounds. I think I fear most that this baby will be born too small or that my surgery will negatively impact the health of this baby.

Please pray that my fears are calmed and that we have having a healthy baby, no matter what the sex! Please pray that all is right in my womb, and if for some reason, God has decided to bless us with a baby that does have medical issues, that our hearts will be calmed in the fact that we were chosen for this special baby.

1 comment:

my life: said...

girl...i have been all over praying for the little one inside of you. I'll add a few for your momma heart as well! :0)
I don't want to beg...but a picture of you would be nice. ;0)