Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baby Noah Updates

Well, Saturday I had my first short shift scheduled, cutting me back to 8 hour shifts. Thought I was doing well. I didn't push any beds, had coworkers walk my patients to xray, drank lots of water, etc. UNTIL 1900 hit and 2 patients both crashed at the same time. My adrenalin kicked in, I ran for and pulled the code cart, and was very stressed for an hour or so. When it was all said and done, I realized I was contracting, frequently. Sat down and got my water. One of our nurses has numerous years as a L&D nurse and she started monitoring me. My contractions were every 2 minutes and for some reason, my peds er staff physician didn't want to deliver my baby so she sent me by ambulance to IU. It was quite stressful, but after some rehydration with IV fluids and laying down, things calmed down. Needless to say, I am now on light duty.

No comments: