Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Has it really been 2 1/2 months?

Seems like forever since I last posted an update, so I have lots to say. Let's start with a baby update. I am now 33 weeks, hard to believe, except that my belly and back ache so badly that they believe it! Baby Noah is doing well. Most recent ultrasound shows a perfectally sized baby, despite the fact that mommy is still not gaining much weight. My belly is growing by leaps and bounds and it's so funny to me to actually have a baby belly this time around. Normally with my pregnancies, I just look fatter! He is a very active little man and we're convinced he's gearing up to take on his big brother Zach. I have been diagnosed with polyhydraminos (excess amniotic fluid) and so they are going to watch me closely from here on out. My fluid level is twice what it should be and this can cause preterm contractions/labor. I have had lots of contractions, and actually spent some time in labor and delivery last week being monitored. So far, everything is going ok.

Zachary is about to turn 3 on the 15th. We have a big birthday party planned for him on Sunday the 14th. But first, we have to get through surgery on Monday. He saw a new ENT this week who agreed that it's time to remove the tonsils and adenoids and put more permanent ear tubes in place. As soon as the ear tubes fall out, he begins having ear infections. The ENT also said it appears his adenoids are blocking his nasal passages enough that it's creating some breathing difficulties. Not looking forward to the recovery stage, but will be so glad to get it done and get my little boy healthy again.

Joshua is doing well, just brought home his 2nd trimester report card. He had all A's and B's. Now, if the Danville school system used a normal 90, 80, 70 grading scale, he'd have all A's. The grading scale is so tough, I'd have flunked out for sure! He's loving school and getting very excited about little Noah's arrival.

I think that's about it, will try to post updates more frequently and get some belly pics on here soon.

No comments: