Sunday, February 10, 2008

5 months!

That's how long we have gone without an ear infection after getting tubes in Zachary's ears, UNTIL today! I went home on Saturday morning to a very tired husband who told me about how Zachary had been awake almost all night. Not quite knowing why, I went to bed because Zachary was still sleeping. When I woke up Saturday afternoon, Zachary was also waking up from a nap. When I entered his room, I found yucky drainage on his sheet, his right ear all red and crusted shut from drainage. He also had a temp of 101. Lucky for us, we still have the antibiotic drops from after his surgery and the instructions on how to use them if/when he got an infection. So a little Tylenol, a few ear drops, and some loving from Mommy and hopefully he will be feeling better soon. Gotta love dads, but sometimes they are just clueless!

No comments: