Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We have a walker!

Seems like just a few short days ago I was posting about how lazy Zachary is and how he won't walk. Well, he showed me! He is so active at this time, I can't keep him out of things! Our kitchen cabinets are the newest things he has found! I was trying to drill holes into my entirely too hard of wood cabinets last night when my drill quit working. So, again tonight we will continue to fight to keep him out of everything! Gotta love the bouncer, as that's where he goes when he won't stay out of trouble!

Joshua also has been having his own issues, of a much different kind. How do you convince a busy 8 year old to take the time to look over his assignments, read the questions, and ensure he is doing it all? We seem to be having serious issues with this. We have started imposing penalties at home (no tv/videogames) when he comes home with assignments that are obviously done quickly and instructions are not followed. I understand that all kids miss questions on papers, etc. But he is forgetting his name/date (loses points for that), not following instructions and doing things incorrectly, or just missing an entire back page of an assignment. I'm so frustrated because his grades are suffering because of his hurrying. Hopefully the penalties at home will help with that! Anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! He tells me, "I want to be the first one done." I try to tell him, doesn't matter how fast you are done if your questions are wrong!

Ahh, the joys of parenting!

No comments: