Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sippy cup success??

Maybe, just maybe! Daycare said today that they gave Zachary his formula in a Nuby sippy cup and he drank it. The spout on those sippy cups is very similar to a bottle. I had already bought the "toss and take" brand of sippy cups (Thanks for the suggestion Krista!) and tried it tonight at dinner. Initially he just played with it and chewed on it. But all of a sudden, I heard slurping! He figured it out. My baby is getting to be a big boy! Just in time too because daycare wants to move him to the toddler room!

Toddler room you ask? He's not yet one and he is being moved with the 'big kids.' Scares the pants off of me! In this room, he will sit at a big table with the other kids to eat (and they feed themselves!). I've seen the results of this after a meal, what a mess! And they sleep on a cot, not in a crib! The director in the daycare promises me he will be able to do it! She also promises me a picture, just to prove it! We'll see. Hard to think of my baby doing all those big boy things!

No comments: