Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sammy is home

She is drugged up again with a new Fentanyl patch on. The MRI went well, now we just get to wait for the results. I have gotten in touch with a support group for owners of dachshunds who have disk disease. Everyone has been super supportive and given me great ideas of things to ask and discuss with the doctor. They are highly encouraging me not to wait 3 more days for the results of the MRI. They believe that I should take the MRI and go to Purdue to have her seen. The point is that we don't want her to progress to the disk rupturing and her becoming paralyzed. I am going to speak with our vets about this and who knows, maybe we'll be making a trip to Purdue soon. I just don't want her to hurt anymore. Will keep you all posted. I am sure I am our vet's worst nightmare as an owner who knows what she wants and asks for it! Oh well, at least I know that I don't treat my dog differently than my kids! ;o)

No comments: