Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sickness in men!

What is it in men that makes them resort to acting like babies when they do not feel well? I was sick last week with bronchitis, horrible cough that prevented me from sleeping well for several nights, etc. I was still "expected" to go to work, take care of the kids, clean, cook, etc. Gary came home from work yesterday not feeling well. He sounded like I did a week ago (prior to a zpack). He sat around moaning and complaining but didn't take the initiative to make a dr appt. So I stepped in and scheduled him with our doc for this afternoon.

This morning, shortly after I put Joshua on the bus, he walked in the door. He was moaning and complaining how bad he felt. I said ok, go to bed and I'll move up your appt. Moved his dr appt up to 11am and when it was time to leave, I began driving him to the dr office (15 minutes away). 5 minutes into our drive he felt as though he was going to be sick. He insisted he couldn't sit in the car for the drive, so home we came home.

Thank goodness for a wonderful doc who took pity on me and called in antibiotics for Gary. Calgon, take me away!

No comments: